Conservative Comic Book Pundit

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Favorite Creators?

Well, last time I discussed Alan Moore a bit. Despite his very, very, very liberal views, I regard him as one of the masters of the form, and much of what he produces challenges me and I always come away enriched - I may (almost) never agree with the moral point he is making, but I find my self glad he made it anyway.

Which is how dialogue between the right and left should be. It's too bad demonization occurs far too often in today's political landscape.

Other favorite creators of mine? Well, I'll give one for now: Kurt Busiek.

Kurt Busiek writes the types of stories every fan wants to write. They fit well within continuity, are simultaneously larger than life and intimate on a personal level, and reward the reader after multiple return visits. Astro Cityis his best work, but his other work (such as the recent JLA/Avengersseries) shines nearly as bright.

As for his politics? I have no idea, nor do I really care. He is a good enough writer that his politics aren't that obvious. He tells wonderful, moving and exciting tales that ring true. That's enough for me.

Besides this Blog is about comics. Political conservatism informs my views, and the recent politicization of many comics (from Black Panther to The Amazing Spider-man to Captain America) motivated me to start this blog, BUT - I really just want to talk about comic books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home